Here are a few tips
- Trim the cloth to fit opening making sure the pattern is straight.
- Speaker screw holes can be opened with a hot soldering iron if needed
- Lightly mist the entire sheet of grille cloth with water mist or starch spray.
- Set your clean iron on low to medium heat . It should not be hotter that you can touch your hand without burning.
- Iron the fabric but do not completly dry because the cloth with shrink as it dries to ensure wrinkles are removed.
- Use 3M Super 27 or 77 spray adhesive, apply it to the edge of your speaker board and all around the outer edge about 1/2 inch or 1 inch wide. Note: leave the inner area clean and free of adhesive which allow the fabric to stretch.
- Do not spray the adhesive on the cloth
- Let glue try for about 15 Minutes.
- Please the gill cloth in position and carefully stretch with your fingers on all sides to remove any sag.
- Allow to dry for 1 hr and trim any overhang fabric
Note: If you have a small area you can also use a thin layer of Elmers Wood glue instead of the 3M product. If using the wood glue you do not need to allow for dry time before adhering the fabric.